June 14, 2008

What I'm reading..


Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson

While I enjoyed the movie immensely, the book is somewhat burdensome to read. I know it was nominated for a Pulitzer, and the author DID win a Pulitzer for another novel, but I find the writing a little flowery, and I find myself having to re-read passages to try to understand what she's trying to say. Once understood, the imagery is quite good, but I just don't want to have to work that hard. I do love words, but the fewer the better. You don't have to take a whole paragraph to convey what could be said in one sentence. I WILL see it through to the end..don't like things left undone..so I can get to this one...





I love Anna Quindlen and I've been wanting to read this for a long time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy that you visited my little blog! Thank you for the lovely comment and have a superb day!!