October 26, 2008

Eureka!

I seem to have this pink/aqua-turquoise theme going on in my craft studio. See for yourself...




The main reason I love this studio is the HUGE South and West facing windows. Lot's of great light.

I've been trying to figure out for a LONG time (we've been here nearly 12 years), just how to put some color at the windows without blocking all that lovely light. Enter my new Etsy store where I am destashing my fabric. I was digging today for some more to list, and LO! and Behold! Look what I unearthed!





It's a lovely linen/cotton blend that I got for $1 a yard when I was Operations Manager at JoAnn Fabrics! It has a lovely border along one selvedge and with a nice fat hem and casing, it'll be the perfect length and width for 4 narrow panels to hang along the outside edges of the windows! The good thing is that the windows have cornice boxes, so they will hide they funky way I'm going to have to hang them! Talk about serendipity!!! Not that I need another project or anything :-)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the colors in your craft room, I love pink of course and aqua has become my new favorite color. What a great find for panels for your window, they are going to look beautiful! Show us a picture of how they turn out.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy that you visited my little blog! Thank you for the lovely comment and have a superb day!!