October 26, 2009

Want a cookie?

I was in the mood for some home baked cookies, but wasn't relishing the idea of pulling out the mixer and a trillion ingredients. I happened to find this quick little recipe in one of my vintage cookbooks. It's a 1965 Bisquick cookbook, and the recipe is QUICK, the cookies are yummy and there's only FOUR ingredients!


For my first batch I used vanilla pudding. The dough is quick to mix....looks like this...


I used one level measuring spoon for cookies about the size of vanilla wafers.


Ovens may vary, so watch your cooking time. My first batch was too done at the listed 8 minutes, so I cut it back to 6 and they were perfect.


They are really yummy and not overly sweet. Perfect little bites. I liked them so much I made some more with this...

MDH LOVES them! Next, I'm going to try chocolate, butterscotch and, maybe, pistachio!

EDIT: The chocolate was AWFUL!! I don't recommend it. However, I just tried French Vanilla and rolled them in cinnamon sugar before flattening. Just like mini Snickerdoodles!! VERY yummy!

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to make cookies. Perfect to satisfy that "I want a cookie that doesn't come out of a package" feeling. I'm tucking this one into my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey these sound like my cool whip cookies.
    One box of cake mix, one 12 oz container of cool whip and one egg. Roll by spoonfulls in cinnamon and sugar or whatever depending on flavor of cake mix. 350 for 10 min and you are good!!! So easy and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy that you visited my little blog! Thank you for the lovely comment and have a superb day!!