December 28, 2009

brrr... and YUM!

This is what it looks like at MY house....


We've had freezing fog for a couple of days now. It's pretty, but it's REALLY cold! I thought I'd do a little baking to warm the house... (Sheesh! Didn't I do enough of that already?) ...so I decided to try a Buttermilk Pie. It sounds yummy. I've never had one, but I love custard, so thought I would give it a try. Ain't it pretty??? Hope it tastes as good as it looks :-)



Here's the recipe I used. Easy peasy.

BUTTERMILK PIE

3 Eggs
1 Cup Sugar
2 T. flour - plus extra for dusting
1/2 Cup Butter, melted and cooled a little
1Cup Buttermilk
1 t. Vanilla
1 Unbaked 9" Pie Shell

Preheat oven to 325.

In mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly, then stir in sugar and flour.
Stir in butter.
Add buttermilk and vanilla. Stir until blended.

Dust pie shell with a little flour.
Pour batter into shell, then sprinkle a little flour on top.

Bake until custard is set, about 1 hour.

I'll let y'all know later how it tasted!!!
 Edit: OMG! It is scrumptious!!! You need to make one!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love this ..... This pie looks so good. My sister in North Carolnia make one for me.. She had an ice storm on Christmas eve and she could not do any cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautifuls photos, a lot of snow!!!
    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Won't be baking any pie here. We're in a hotel room until our home is habitable again. Thanks for stopping by and putting a verbal arm around me.
    While we are reeling from the amount of work that needs to be done -- by professionals and now us -- we have discovered some problems that the house had that we would not have known about until it was too late. So, as Scripture says, what the enemy meant for evil, God meant for good. We can testify to that.
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is upstate New York, there is a tiny restaurant in the middle of the Adirondacks that makes a wonderful version of Buttermilk Pie. Love it. I am tucking your recipe away to try in a week or two. Just now, we are still too full of Christmas cookies, cranberry bread and other holiday goodies. Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy that you visited my little blog! Thank you for the lovely comment and have a superb day!!