December 12, 2009

Pink Saturday

Joining you all for Pink Saturday this week! I just had to share my pink tree in my craft room!




It has white, silver, dark pink and turquoise bulbs, and white and dark pink garland. I love how it turned out! It was my $5.00 after-christmas Walmart purchase last year!If you red my blog, you may remember it from this post.

Beverly's theme this week is to show you my most cherished decoration. Well, I no longer have a photo because it's been passed on to my daughter and is now HER most cherished decoration..actually tree ornaments. Back in 1981 when she was about 11, I sold Avon. That Christmas I bought their scented Gingerbread Folk tree ornaments. They were really sweet and the fragrance was delectable! I can still smell it in my head. She told me last night on the phone that they still smell lovely, and those are 'her' ornaments to hang on the tree. Hopefully they will pass on to my 16 year old granddaughter when she grows up..and they will probably still smell heavenly!! I wish I could find more. This is not my photo, but this is what they look like..a boy AND a girl. Maybe some of you remember them or even have them!!



Once again, many thanks to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for all of the hard work she does each week. Be sure to visit her blog and share in  all the lovely pinkness!!



10 comments:

  1. Hi Llyn, Love Love Love your Pink Christmas Tree...I bought myself one this year ...A small one three feet high...Not sure where I will put it but had to have it... Now you must come over to my Place for a visit and meet My beautiful Miss Lucy Aka Thunder Paws Dancing Princess AKA Dish dog The Little corgi that holds my heart...I also have a grandhair Corgi...
    Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you can come over to visit me too.
    Merry Pink Christmas
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Llyn, I love your pink tree!!! It's so pretty, and that is the most adorable little ornament.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, and presents too, I love the gingerbread boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Llyn, Happy Pink Saturday! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. You can find those Hallmark fridge and stove ornaments on ebay. Just do a search for Hallmark Holiday Fridge and Christmas Cookies is the name of the stove. I found both of mine on there after missing them in the Hallmark store.
    I love your pink tree and I have those Avon gingerbread ornaments, they still smell great too! I love them.
    Christmas Blessings, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh,how I love your Christmas tree. It's absolutely beautiful...and your gingerbread little ones are adorable.
    Happy Pinks..have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking of the Avon company tonight when I was rooting through a bunch of pins at Value Village. They had some of the cute childrens plastic ones for 29 cents each...I was so tempted. That tree is straight out of the pink forest in the Enchanted Village of Pink...so pretty in all it's pink glory! Just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't need elaborate decorations or a big tree or numerous gifts under a tree. All any of us needs is to carry the spirit of Christmas in our hearts and to share it all year long with everyone we meet.

    Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me today. Yes, I'm crazy about ♥PINK♥ but I'm also devoted to visiting some of the nicest blogs in cyberspace.

    Hoping your weekend is filled with peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pink tree is divine! I can almost smell that little gingerbread man. Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  9. you just gotta love a PINK Christmas tree!

    Thanks for visiting, commenting, following and/or blogging about my 300th post giveaway! Good Luck!

    Blessing. Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Llyn, your pink Christmas tree is delightful. I too have a pink tree from Big Lots that I adore. We are Pinkies for sure.

    I do remember those gingerbread ornaments and they smelled so good. How wonderful your daughter has them now to love and enjoy. A great story. I loved it.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy that you visited my little blog! Thank you for the lovely comment and have a superb day!!