January 31, 2009
Boy, they creep up on you fast!! Ha! I thought I might do something a little different this week and post Pink goodies that I would love to have instead of one's that I DO have!!
Isn't this the sweetest thing you've ever seen? And I don't even have a pink kitchen! When I see something this cute I wish that I did, but I DO love my red and turquoise kitchen a lot! You'll find it in this shop on Etsy.
Then there's these beauties...
on Ebay, here.
How about this cute nursery scale? You'll find it in this shop.
I ADORE this cute cup!!! Find it here.
If you're into Mid-century Modern, check out these incredible lamps on Ebay!! WOWEE!!
Click on the little china doll at the top of this post to take you to our hostess Beverly's page for an ever-growing list of PINK SATURDAY participants!!
January 30, 2009
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicise
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to: leave in plain font
- Started your own blog
- Slept under the stars
- Played in a band
- Visited Hawaii
- Watched a meteor shower
- Given more than you can afford to charity
- Been to Disneyland
- Climbed a mountain
- Held a praying mantis
- Sang a solo
- Bungee jumped
- Visited Paris
- Watched a lightning storm at sea
- Taught yourself an art from scratch
- Adopted a child
- Had food poisoning
- Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- Grown your own vegetables
- Seen the Mona Lisa in France
- Slept on an overnight train
- Had a pillow fight
- Hitch hiked
- Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
- Built a snow fort
- Held a lamb
- Gone skinny dipping
- Run a Marathon
- Ridden in a gondola in Venice
- Seen a total eclipse
- Watched a sunrise or sunset
- Been on a cruise (Wanna go on an Alaskan cruise!)
- Seen Niagara Falls in person
- Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
- Seen an Amish community
- Taught yourself a new language
- Had enough money to be truly satisfied
- Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
- Gone rock climbing
- See Michelangelo’s David.
- Sung karaoke
- Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
- Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
- Visited Africa
- Walked on a beach by moonlight
- Been transported in an ambulance
- Had your portrait painted
- Gone deep sea fishing
- Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
- Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- Gone scuba diving or snorkelling
- Kissed in the rain
- Played in the mud
- Gone to a drive-in theatre
- Been in a movie
- Visited the Great Wall of China
- Started a business
- Taken a martial arts class
- Visited Russia
- Served at a soup kitchen
- Sold Girl Scout Cookies
- Gone whale watching
- Got flowers for no reason
- Donated blood, platelets or plasma
- Gone sky diving
- Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
- Bounced a check
- Flown in a helicopter
- Saved a favourite childhood toy
- Visited the Lincoln Memorial
- Eaten Caviar
- Pieced a quilt
- Stood in Times Square
- Toured the Everglades
- Been fired from a job
- Seen the changing of the guard in London
- Broken a bone.
- Been on a speeding motorcycle
- Seen the Grand Canyon in person
- Published a book
- Visited the Vatican
- Bought a brand new car
- Walked in Jerusalem
- Had your picture in the newspaper
- Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
- Visited the White House
- Killed and prepared an animal for eating
- Had chickenpox
- Saved someone’s life
- Sat on a jury
- Met someone famous
- Joined a book club
- Lost a loved one
- Had a baby
- Seen the Alamo in person
- Swam in the Great Salt Lake
- Been involved in a law suit
- Owned a cell phone
- Been stung by a bee
January 26, 2009
Blogger has this little thingy where you have to put in the jumbled letters of a word to post a comment on blogs that have it enabled. Not a problem. What I've noticed lately is that sometimes they look to be pseudo-words. Sometimes they're pretty funny. Here are some I encountered just this evening while commenting on some Pink Saturday posts.
Fation: The clothing trends of the USA?
Untly: He couldn't go to the bar untly found his lost car keys.
Absests: I have an absests on my bum.
Eminted: Eminted himself some brand new quarters.
Remaryal: Come on down to the church and I'll remaryal.
Yes, I have too much time on my hands.
January 24, 2009
I usually have my PS post up by 5 am. Oops! My contribution for today is Miss Polly Pinkpiggy. Another one of my thrift store finds. You can find out how I came to possess her in this post.
Here she is with her friends Edith and Irene the Lambiepie twins. Edith has the pink rose dress, and Irene has the blue dress with little pink flowers. Told you I loved dressed up farm animals! I will show my dressy cow collection at a later date :-)
Click on the little pink china doll at the top of this post to take you to Beverly's blog. She has the list of 100's of blogs to visit to savor pink goodness!!!
January 18, 2009
January 17, 2009
Here is my pretty new bird house from the thrift store!! I LOVE it!!
It has a precious PINK roof, and a sweet PINK glittery flower on the front! One of my favorite thrifted finds of the year!! Don't you just love it????
Have a happy PS!!!
January 12, 2009
The rules of this tag are quick & easy:
1. Go to the the 4th folder where you keep your pictures on your computer.
2. Post the 4th picture in the folder.
3. Explain the photo.
4. Tag 4 fellow bloggers to join in the fun!
I found a photo of this incredible felt pincushion somewhere in my travels around the WWW and saved it so I could occasionally gaze at it's loveliness. Looks good enough to eat!! I can't remember where I found it or who made it, so if anyone knows I will happily give credit where credit is due!!
I am tagging these four bloggers:
Mom Vader Saves the Day
Queen of Fifty Cents
January 11, 2009
What a nice thought! So, if you're here reading Llyn M, and you are smiling, take this cute award for your very own and PASS IT AROUND!!!
January 10, 2009
Found this adorable necklace holder at an antique mall. I don't think she's even vintage, but I love her. I so needed someplace for my necklaces so they wouldn't constantly be tangled! Her skirt is made of long fringe and beads. So pretty!!
While we were taking down holidays decos, I was thinking of maybe next year putting a small tree in my studio with a pink and turquoise theme to match the studio decor. That very same day we had to go to ~shudder~ Wal-mart for kitty litter, and managed to hit the 75% day for holiday stuff. While MDH sttod in the mile long line to check out, I wandered a bit and happened upon this...
a 4' tall, pre-lit PINK tree for $5.00!!! It went in the cart so fast MDH didn't know what had hit him! Thank goodness he indulges me!!
Click on the little PINK china doll to visit Beverly with more PINK goodies!!
I'd also like to add that Sondra at The Many Shades of Pink has monthly contests for you to enter..all PINK related!! What fun!!
January 3, 2009
Here's a not-so-cool chair. This is so NOT the color I was going for. Ack! So now I have to figure out what to do with it besides re-painting the entire thing. Any suggestions?
Click on the little pink china girl to visit Beverly for a list of tons more PINK posts!!!
January 1, 2009
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2009-01-01 13:45:16 UTC
Yay!! The winner is QUEEN OF FIFTY CENTS! That random # generator is pretty cool. I'm sending an email to you in a sec, in the meantime...